Micro Fat Grafting to the Buttock (Brazilian Butt Lift, BBL)
Micro fat grafting to the buttock often times referred to as BBL or Brazilian Butt Lift utilizes the patient’s own fat to augment the buttock area. The fat is harvested through liposuction techniques (often times from multiples locations) and then it is washed and re-injected into different areas of the buttock as desired to enhance certain deficiencies based on the patient’s anatomy and presentation.
The ideal candidate for Micro Fat Grafting to the Buttock is someone that:
- Is in overall good health
- Has maintained a stable weight for a minimum of 6 months prior to surgery
- Has ample fat to harvest for transfer
- Has skin or volume deficit due to weight loss and/or aging
The common areas that are used to harvest fat are the trunk, thighs, upper back and arms.
In addition, it is important that the individual be:
- A non-smoker as this affects the overall fat retention rate
- Realistic as to what surgery can achieve
- Realistic that this surgical procedure may require additional surgery to obtain optimal results.