Following significant weight loss you are left with loose, unsightly skin that often times interferes with daily activities and causes rash or irritation. Other factors that might contribute to excess skin in the upper arms might also include:
- Chronic tanning
Aside from the physical downside, it is not cosmetically appealing to have the excess skin either. Arm lift surgery, also known as Brachioplasty, can help to remove excess skin, as well as reduce the circumference of the upper arm.
The ideal candidate for arm lift surgery is:
- Someone who has maintained a stable weight
- Someone who is physically healthy
- A non-smoker
- Someone who has lost considerable weight due to weight loss surgery
- Someone with realistic expectations
- Someone who has taken into consideration the resulting scars that will be left following the surgery
Arm lift surgery can be done alone or in conjunction with other surgical procedures such as liposuction. Dr. Chahin will discuss with you these procedures, and what is mutually felt to be the best method of treatment to aid in achieving optimal results for you.