Sometimes a healthy lifestyle is not enough to attain the overall look that a man strives to achieve. One such factor that may limit the capability to lose weight might be genetics, or a predisposition to carry weight in specific area/areas. Liposuction, also known as lipoplasty or liposculpture, aims to remove excess localized fat deposits that diet and exercise is unable to correct.
Such areas where liposuction techniques are beneficial in men might include, but are not limited to:
- Abdomen and waist
- The “flanks” or “love handles”
- Chest (which can a condition known as Gynecomastia)
- Neck and Chin
The ideal candidates for liposuction are:
- Adults within 30% of their ideal weight who have firm, elastic skin, and good muscle tone
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical condition that can impair healing
- Individuals with realistic goals as to what the surgery can achieve for them
It is important to realize that liposuction surgery is not intended to remove a large amount of weight, rather it aims at contouring localized area/areas. Dr. Chahin will discuss with you this procedure, and what is mutually felt to be the best method of treatment to aid in achieving optimal results for you.