Lower Body Lift/ Belt Lipectomy
Please click on picture for full view
With the evolving technology of weight loss surgery, it is becoming more easily accessible for overweight individuals to lose significant weight and regain control of their lives. With the shedding of the weight, men are left with loose, sagging skin in the abdomen, buttocks, and thigh areas. The surgical procedure called a lower body lift or belt lipectomy, is being used to address all three of these areas with one procedure. A tummy tuck, buttock lift, and thigh lift are all done simultaneously to help smooth out the contour and remove excess skin in your lower body.
The ideal candidate for a lower body lift surgery is:
- Someone with excess skin due to a substantial weight loss either from gastric bypass or from diet and exercise.
- Someone who is physically healthy
- A non-smoker
- Someone who has specific, but realistic goals in mind for improvement of their appearance
- Someone who has maintained a stable weight for a minimum of nine months
- Someone who has established maximum weight loss
Due to the involved nature of this procedure, you must also realize that you will trade contouring deformity with scars to replace the excess skin. For most individuals this tradeoff is minimal in comparison to living a life with the excess skin, and they are willing to deal with the scars. The lower body lift procedure is usually done in conjunction with other surgical procedures such as liposuction. Dr. Chahin will discuss with you these procedures, and what is mutually felt to be the best method of treatment to aid in achieving optimal results for you.