Face lifting / Neck lifting / Double Chin Correction
Please click on picture for full view
Since the first facelift in the early 1900’s people have been attempting to counteract the natural effects that aging, stress, and gravity have on their skin. Day in and day out, these factors work against us by pulling the skin on our face and neck down. With time, the collagen and elastin (which are the two vital protein fibers) in our skin begin to disintegrate, and as a result, we naturally struggle with extra skin around the chin and neck, sagging jowls, and wrinkles around the eyes.
A rhytidectomy, or a facelift, is the surgical procedure designed to help improve signs of aging in the face and neck. It aims to restore the youthful contour of the midface and correct the sagging of the skin and underlying tissues in the lower face, neck, and chin, thus correcting the condition known as a double chin.
Factors that will contribute to excessive facial sagging:
- Excessive sun exposure
- Excessive stress
- Fluctuations in weight
The ideal candidate for facelift surgery/neck lift surgery would be:
- Aging men who wish to reverse the effects of facial aging in the midface, jowls, lower face, neck, and chin.
- Healthy individuals who do not have any serious medical conditions that could complicate recovery
- Individuals who have a positive attitude
- Individuals with realistic goals and expectations of what surgery can offer them
- Individuals who have previously had eyelid surgery without rejuvenating the midface
Several procedures are often times performed in combination with a facelift such as brow lift, eyelid surgery, neck liposuction, fat grafting, chemical peels, or microdermabrasion. Dr. Chahin will discuss with you these procedures, and what is mutually felt to be the best method of treatment to aid in achieving optimal results for you.