Cheek Lifting/ Malar Lifting/ Midface Lifting
Please click on picture for full view
With natural aging, your cheeks begin to sag, and an accumulation of fat forms around the midface. For some people, enduring a full facelift is not an option, whether it is the cost or the recovery time. An alternative to help correct this is a newer, less invasive procedure called a midface lift, also known as a cheek lift or malar lift.
The midface lift aim to target the:
- Deep naso-labial folds
- Sagging in the cheeks
- Hollowness between the lower eyelid and the upper cheek
- The downward slanted corners of the mouth
- The entire mid face is lifted and repositioned to create a more youthful contour
The idea candidate for a midface lift is:
- Physically healthy
- A non-smoker
- Someone with realistic goals and expectations as to what surgery can achieve for them
- Aging men or women who are looking to rejuvenate the midface (cheek, mouth, and eye areas)
A mid face lift is often done in conjunction with other surgical procedures such as a blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), liposuction, chemical peels, or microdermabrasion. Dr. Chahin will discuss with you these procedures, and what is mutually felt to be the best method of treatment to aid in achieving optimal results for you.