As you age, your eyelids stretch and the muscles that support them weaken. As a result, excess fat tends to accumulate above and below your eyelids, which leads to sagging eyebrows, drooping under your eyelids and bags under your eyes. Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, helps to improve the appearance of the upper and lower eyelids and gives a rejuvenated appearance to the surrounding area of your eyes.
Eyelid surgery targets:
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Excess fatty deposits that materialize as puffiness in the upper eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Droopiness of the lower eyelids, showing white below the iris (colored portion of the eye)
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
Certain factors such as age, excessive sun exposure, stress, and genetic predisposition can all lead to premature sagging of the eyelids.
The ideal candidates for eyelid surgery are:
- Healthy individuals
- Individuals without a medical condition that impairs healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals in mind
- Individuals without serious eye conditions
Dr. Chahin will discuss with you the method of treatment he suggests to aid in achieving optimal results.