Breast Micro Fat Grafting
Please click on picture for full view
Today many women are seeking to increase the size of their breasts, however, they do not wish to do so with the use of implants. Newer techniques are being utilized which enable you to accomplish this using your own fat. Fat grafting, also known as lipoinjection or fat transfer, harvests the patient’s own fat using micro lipo-aspiration techniques from areas that excess fat is stored. It is then purified “centrifused” and reinjected it into the patient where a deficit exists, creating an increased fullness in the desired area.
For women who do have breast implants, fat grafting is still an option. Fat is inserted into the breast to help create a more natural contour, and aid in making the implant less noticeable. It is also used to help hide any imperfections that might exist in the breast such as dents or dimples.
The major advantages to the use of fat grafting versus the use of implants are:
- The fat comes from your own body, and therefore is more readily accepted than an implant
- Harvesting the fat using liposuction/liposculpture techniques helps to contour areas with excess fat
- The breast can be sculpted and shaped naturally rather than with the use of an implant
- There are minimal incisions which reduces the possibility of scarring
- Fat grafting to the breasts can be used to mask breast implants, and give the patient a more natural contour
The ideal candidate for fat grafting to the breast is:
- A healthy woman
- A woman with ample body fat
- A woman who is considering saline or silicone implants
- A woman with a normal mammography
- A woman who has modest enlargement goals (one cup size)
Fat grafting procedures to the breast can be done in conjunction with other cosmetic procedures such a breast lift or breast reconstruction. Dr. Chahin will discuss with you these procedures, and what is mutually felt to be the best method of treatment to aid in achieving optimal results for you.